Friday, May 22, 2009

More from . . .

Today I am featuring the work of The Yellow Owl Workshop -- an innovative group I met from the National Stationery Show. I had a very nice conversation with Evan, and he showed me around the booth. Much of their work was done with silkscreen, which makes for beautiful, flat colors. I tried silk screening in college, and though I love it, I must say I find it a tedious process when working with more than one color. I admire anyone who can get good registration with this method of printing.
There were also some innovative works made with blind embossing. I am surprised I have not seen more of this technique used with other vendors, but perhaps The Yellow Owl Workshop is starting the trend. I really like their do-it-yourself greeting with the LCD card. Nice work!

No comments:

Post a Comment